- Professional broadcast-quality 11" shotgun microphone that runs on built-in lithium battery or phantom power
- Cardioid polar pattern doesn’t have a “rear lobe” which enables the TM1 to do an exceptional job of repressing sounds to the rear and sides, while clearly picking up sounds in front of it
- Low-cut button makes dialog more intelligible and eliminates distracting rumble noises, +6 dB high frequency boost button enhances sharpness and clarity, -10 dB button allows you to cleanly capture loud sounds
- 150 hours of operation time from the built-in lithium-ion battery, power button changes color to indicate energy source and battery life, Micro-USB charging port in the XLR connector
- Medium-length is suitable for mounting on a camera and for use on a boom pole or a stand, illuminated buttons are easy to adjust in low-light working environments
Unlike most shotgun microphones, the polar pattern of the TM1 doesn’t have a “rear lobe” which enables it to do an exceptional job of repressing sounds to the rear and sides, while clearly picking up sounds in front of it. The TM1 works with phantom power or its internal lithium-ion rechargeable battery. Compared to shotgun microphones that have battery compartments and batteries installed, the all-metal TM1 is noticeably more lightweight. Plus, you won’t waste money on disposable batteries. The size of the TM1 is suitable for on-camera use, and for boom poles, stands, or pistol grips.
The 4 buttons on the TM1 are illuminated so you can adjust them in low-light environments. The -10 dB PAD button allows you to cleanly capture loud sounds. The +6 dB high frequency boost button enhances sharpness and clarity. The low-cut button makes dialog more intelligible and eliminates distracting deep bass noises, like the low rumble of vehicles and air conditioners. The TM1 even saves your button settings when you turn it off. A foam windscreen is included for indoor use, and the TM-WS1 high-wind furry windscreen is available for outdoor use (sold separately).